Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

1.  What dose the motorhome rental prices include?

UK Rental Price
  • Vat
  • Unlimited mileage
  • UK comprehensive vehicle insurance for 1 driver
  • UK vehicle breakdown cover
  • Privilege club card to ‘The Camping and CaravanningClub
  • Free parking for your car  – left at owners own risk
  • Free luggage storage
  • Free motorhome hand over session before you depart
European Rental Price
  • Includes the above UK rental price.  Plus ...
  • Vehicle insurance document (Green card)
  • European vehicle insurance
  • European vehicle breakdown cover
  • European travel pack – (includes: warning triangle, spare bulbs, spare fuses, first aid kit and a hi-visibility jacket.)
2.  Can I drive the motorhome on a UK driving Licence?
West’s can insure drivers between the ages of 25 -75 years of age. 
Each driver must have held a full valid car driving licence for 3 years and must be a regular driver.
The main driver must take the vehicle on the day of collection and pay the secuirty deposit on their debit or credit card (for secuirty reasons). 
Additional drivers can come to our office to be added onto the motorhome insurance either at the time of collection or up to 7 days before departure.
For details on the Identification that is required for each and every driver, please go to ‘Identification Required’ on question 10 below.
3. I have an EU driving licence can I still hire a Campervan from you?

Each driver must have held a full valid car driving licence for 3 years and must be a regluar driver.
The main driver and any additional driver must be present at the time of collection. 
We can hire to you if you have a full valid car driving licence issued from any of the below countries...

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece
Hungry, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden
If your country is not listed above this does not mean we cannot hire to you. Please complete the rental enquiry form and we will always try to obtain cover and provide you with a motorhome rental quotation.
4. I have a non UK/EU driving licence can I still hire a camper van from you?
Yes, to certain countries
We can cover Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Switzerland.
Other countries not listed will require an insurance authorisation before booking. 
Please contact us, or complete and enquiry form.
5. I have points, endorsements, convictions on my driving licence can I still hire.
We can accept up to 2 minor endorsements per driver (no more than a total of 6 points) under the following codes - CU10-80, SP10-60, PC10-50, TS10-70. Minor convictions/endorsements with these conviction codes are on your driving licence for a minimum of 4 years before they are removed.

If you have more than 2 minor convictions/endorsements (6 points or more) on your licence or have any endorsements/convictions starting with the following letters: BA, CA, CD, DD, DR, IN, MS, and TT please contact our office or complete a hire enquiry form. Please supply the following information to assist us with your insurance clearance and rental quotation:
  • date of offence
  • date of conviction
  • endorsement/offence code
  • fine amount
  • ban period
  • number of points issued
  • and any additional information you would like to supply.
6. Myself or a person in my party have a mobility problem or are disabled, can we still hire? 
Unfortunately we do not hire wheelchair accessible motorhomes or motorhomes that are designed for persons that have problems with their mobility. 
7.  Is there a minimum motorhome rental period?
  • We have a minimum rental period of 7 days.  But we can sometimes accept last minute bookings, 7-14 days before collection where we may consider a minimum of a 4 day UK rental.
  • Our latest deals offer great value for money and they can be booked immedately.
  • European (outside of mainland UK) hire is a minimum of 7 days.
  • Please always contact us as we will always try to accommodate your booking.

The Lessor reserve the right to increase the rental period on certain dates throughout the year i.e. Glastonbury, V-Festival, Bestival, Sport fixtures etc. for further details please contact our office.

8. How do I make a motorhome hire booking?
Telephone  -  within the UK: 01708 556237       From outside the UK: 0044 1708556237
Email Us
9. Is a deposit required at the time of booking?

A £500.00 (GBP ) non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking (this taken off you total rental charge.)
The remaining rental balance is due 6 weeks before collection (unless stated otherwise on your motorhome booking confirmation email).

If you are booking within 6 weeks of collecting the vehicle, then the full rental balance is required at the time of booking.  This will be classed as the non refundable booking deposit.

A secuirty deposit (insurance excess) is required upon collection of the motorhome, which must be paid by the main drivers debit or credit card.
10. What charges apply if I cancel my booking?
  • More than 6 weeks ( more than 42 days) cancellation notice:
    • Your non refundable booking deposit or the rental charge - Whichever is the lesser amount.
  • Between 6 weeks (42 days) – 4 weeks (29 days) cancellation notice :
    •  Your non refundable booking deposit or 50% of the total rental charge - Whichever is the greater amount, Except where the rental charge is lower than the booking deposit, then the full rental fee will be charged
  • 4 weeks (28 days) or less cancellation notice, Including failure to collect the vehicle on time, incorrect identification, driver not within our creita. 
    • 100% of the total hire charge - No refund would be issued.
 Unfortunately Wests Motorhome Hire UK cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another.
11.  What Identification do I need when I collect the Motorhome?
If you live in the UK

All drivers must be present at the time of collection with the following identification.

  • Valid debit or credit card
  • Two of the following proofs of address:
    • Utility bill – telephone, gas, electric, water or council tax invoice
    • Bank statement
    • Credit card statement
    • Current year council tax invoice/statement
  • Both of the above proofs of address must dated with the last 90 days (except the council tax invoice can be for the current year) with the driver’s name and current home address.
  • Main drivers debit or credit card to pay the security deposit (insurance excess) and the current year council tax invoice
Identification required from non-UK residents
All drivers must be present at the time of collection with all the following identification.

  • Full valid driving licence
  • International driving licence/permit (check with us if this is required)
  • Valid passport
  • Valid credit card
  • Return flight or boat ticket/schedule
  • Main driver's credit card to pay the security deposit (insurance excess).
12. Is there a security deposit required?

A security deposit of £1000.00 when renting during Low, mid and high season will apply to every hire. 
A secuirty deposit of £1250.00 when renting during winter season and for festivals, will apply to every hire.
A secuirty deposit of £2000.00 when renting for high risk events such as Euro Football etc. will apply to every hire.

If the driver has any points/convictionson(s)/endorsement(s) on their licence driving licence and/or accident(s)/insurance claim(s) the security deposit may increase accordingly.

The secuirty deposit is also the insurance excess amount which is due upon collection of the vehicle and must be paid on the main driver's debit or credit card.
13.  If I damage the vehicle is there an excess to pay?

An insurance excess of £1000.00 when renting during Low, mid and high season will apply to every hire. 
A insurance excess of £1250.00 when renting during winter season and for festivals, will apply to every hire.
A insurance excess of £2000.00 when renting for high risk events such as Euro Football etc. will apply to every hire.
(unless stated otherwise on your rental agreement)

If the driver has any points/convictionson(s)/endorsement(s) their driving licence, and/or accident(s)/insurance claim(s) the insurance excess may increase accordingly.

The insurance excess is also the secuirty deposit amount due upon collection.

The insurance excess amount is payable on each and every damage, loss, accident and insurance claim.
14. What is not covered under the insurance excess?
  • Over head damage, width restriction damage and any other damage caused by gross negligence or misuse of the vehicle is not covered by the vehicle insurance.
  • Any damage upto the value of the excess/excesses.
15.  Can I protect my security deposit/insurance excess?

There are many companies on the internet that can provide you with 'motorhome hire insurance excess cover'. 

For more information please read our Insurance Excess Cover page.
16. Can I take your camper van out of mainland UK?

We do allow you to take the motorhome into Ireland and Europe but at an additional charge.  
Please contact us or complete an online enquiry form for a motorhome rental quotation.
17. Can I take a pet in your motorhome?

We allow pets in our motorhomes at no extra cost.
Please state you will be taking a pet at the time of booking and on your booking reservation form.
We do ask that you do not allow your pet on the soft furnishings or to be left unattended in the motorhome.
Please see our pets policy for further information.
18. Do you deliver and collect?
Sorry we currently do not offer this service. 
19. Do Your Offer a Transfer Service if we are coming from abroad?

We can collect you from any of the below Airports, Train Stations and Cruise Terminals.

  •        London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
  •        London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
  •        London City Airport (LCY)
  •        Luton Airport (LTN)
  •        Stansted Airport (STN)
  •        Southend Airport (SEN)
       Please see our by air page for more information and prices.
  •        St Pancras Underground Station London
  •        Upminster Train Station – Tube – District Line from London
  •        Central London locations and stations
  •        Rainham (Essex) Train Station – C2C network from London Fenchurch Street/Tower Hill 
       Please see our by Train for more information and prices.

  •        London Cruise Terminal, Tilbury
  •        Ocean Cruise Terminal, Southampton
  •        Portsmouth International Port, Portsmouth
  •        Dover Cruise Terminal, Port of Dover
  •        Harwick International Port, Harwick
       Please see our by boat for more information and prices.
If you would like a transfer service from a different location please contact us with your requirements.
The above transfer service is at an additional charge, but we do offer a free transfer service from Rainham Train Station to our Rainham Depot.
20.  How do I get to Wests Motorhome Hire?
We are just off junction 30/31 of the M25 on the A1306 in Rainham.
Please see our how to get to us page for more information
21. Can I leave my car at Wests Motorhome Hire?

Please make us aware of this at the time of booking.  It will be stored in our yard and left at your own risk.
Please read our driving to us page for more information
22. What does the motor home come with?
Please read our whats included page for more information.
    23. Is there a TV/DVD onboard the motorhome?

    A TV/DVD player is supplied as standard equipment.
    24. Do you hire pedal bikes?

    We have adults and child bicycles. Bicycles are supplied with adjustable cycle helmet, padlock and key.
    25.  Is bed linen included?
    Bed linen and towels are not included as standard, but can be hired from us and put in your motorhome ready for your departure.
    Please see our creature comforts and additional rental Items page for more information.
      26. Can I fit a baby seat in the motorhome?
      All motorhomes can fit a baby seat, car seat or booster seat.
      Unfortunatley the motorhomes do not have ISO fix anchor points.
      We also hire baby seats, car seat and booster cushions for all ages at a small fee.

      Please view our additional items for hire page for more information
      27.  How many miles per gallon should I expect?
      All motor homes will do roughly 25-30 miles (or more) per gallon - subject to driver and driving conditions.
        28. Do you have information on any campsites?
        All our vehicles are provided with a ‘Privilege Club Card’ to The Camping and Caravan Club.  
        This is a temporary membership to The Camping and Caravanning club is included in your rental at no extra cost, giving you the benefit of greater choice and saving money when searching for the perfect campsite location.  
        The club provides thousands of campsites across the UK and Europe, so it’s a great place to start when planning you motorhome holiday break.

        Visit our find a campsite page for more information.
        29. How do I return my motorhome?

        All motorhomes must be returned back to our Rainham, East London depot on the correct date and time stated on your rental agreement.  

        Please allow up to 30 minutes for the return check in.  Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with the correct amount of fuel  (as stated on your rental agreement) with the waste water and toilet cassette emptied and the interior and toilet clean and in the same condition as it left the depot, otherwise a charge will be made for additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning.  A seperate toilet cleaning charge will apply if the toilet cassette and area is not cleaned and emptied. The vehicle will not be checked in until all your personal belongings have been removed, please allow time for unpacking and any traffic delays in your schedule.

        30. How can I pay?
        We accept payment by the main driver's:
        • Debit card 
        • Credit card - a 2% card fee will applies on the rental balance only (the security deposit is excluded from this fee) 
        • Bank Transfer - please contact us for our bank details
        If you are a company please contact us.

        If you have not found the andwer to your question, or require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us or complete and online enquiry form.

        Share by: